PART# LH 006
PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE ATTEMPTING INSTALLATION
TOOLS NEEDED = 3mm and 4mm Torx Drive Wrenches.
- REMOVING THE FACTORY BEZEL: Push upward on the lower side of the bezel, then pull up and outward to remove the bezel. The plastic bezel tends to be brittle and easily broken. Carefully remove the bezel so that the painted surface of the tailgate is not damaged.
- Working from the cargo side of the tailgate, loosen and remove the bottom 3mm Torx drive mounting bolt.
- INSTALLING THE LOCK MECHANISM: Insert the key into the lock cylinder. Hold the key and install the lock assembly into the opening in the tailgate. Position the lock mounting bracket over the mounting hole stamped in the tailgate. Hold the lock assembly in place and re-install the mounting bolt through both mounting brackets, and tighten the mounting bolt. Check the operation of the lock to make sure it can be locked and unlocked without binding.
- To install the new bezel provided with the tailgate lock package, position the upper half of the bezel in the opening and then push the bottom half in place.
Installation of the lock bezel is permanent and cannot be removed without damage to the tailgate surface and / or the bezel.
- SECURITY PLATE INSTALLATION: Working from the cargo side of the tailgate panel, remove the upper left or upper right 4mm Torx drive mounting bolt used to attach the tailgate latch mechanism. Remove
the double-sided tape from the back of the security plate. Align the mounting holes in the latch mechanism and mounting holes in the tailgate panel with the stamped hole in the security plate and reinstall the 4mm Torx drive bolt. Repeat the same procedure on the remaining side. The installation is now complete.
Retain Key Code Tag Located On Key Ring In A Safe Place For Future Reference.
Car Dealer Page||email